Every person of substantial means desires to transfer assets to beneficiaries smoothly and without rancour. The efficient way is to create a living Trust. Investment One can provide trusteeship services to ensure that your assets are transferred smoothly to designated beneficiaries.
A trust is an arrangement whereby one person (“the Settlor” or “Grantor”) transfers his/her assets or property to another person (”the Trustee”) to hold for the benefit of other persons (the “Beneficiary”).
We offer the following Trust Services: Corporate Trust, Public Trust, Estate Planning and Private Trusts
In carrying out our role as Trustees, we render the following functions:
- Managing the assets of the Trust.
- Distributing income and assets to beneficiaries.
- Paying debts and expenses from the Trust Fund/Assets and collecting assets payable to the trust e.g. life insurance and retirement benefits.
We proffer living trusts services over a will because:
- The Trust Deed is confidential and is not accessible to the public unlike wills which is accessible to members of the public.
- Contests and lawsuits over the validity of the Wills resulting in delays are eliminated in trusts.
- Payment of estate tax on assets under a Will is eliminated in Living Trusts.
What do you stand to gain by appointing professional trustees?
- Professional investment management of your portfolio – The investment strategy is tailored for your trust’s assets having regard to your age, needs, and circumstances.
- Decreases the chances of incurring loss associated with errors made by tending to your investments.
- Frees up valuable time for managing your investments for other interests as such investments are now managed by the Trustee.
- Acts in the best interests of beneficiaries. The trustee’s duty is to treat all beneficiaries fairly