Investment One Vencap Limited (“Vencap’) was set up in 2016 as the SME focused subsidiary of Investment One Financial Services Limited. Vencap invests cash in SMEs and more importantly provides essential business support to all investee companies – from the date of investment until financial exit.
Our typical investment horizon is 3 to 5 years and our preferred exit is to the founders or current management. We succeed when the companies we invest in become successful companies that contribute to Nigeria’s GDP.
- Vencap invests between N5 million and N100 million as equity or quasi-equity in Start-ups or Existing Nigeria registered businesses
- Our cash injection usually occurs after completion of detailed due diligence on the Company and its founders.
- We are early stage investors so we usually invest at Pre-Seed, Seed or Series A funding rounds.
Business Support Services:
We believe that in addition to funding, SMEs/Start-up could benefit from a range of business advisory services. Some of the services we render, free of charge, to any SME that approaches us include:
- Holistic business idea review and Business plan guidance
- Advise on record keeping, general accounting, budgeting and Internal Controls
- Navigating production and logistical hurdles
- Mentoring Program which provides SMEs with requisite management skills needed to grow world class institutions and access to a wealth of experience and networking opportunities
Tamorel Limited produces ‘Joseph Grain Sam Chili Pepper’, a 100% powdered dry chilli pepper without fillers. Sam Chili powdered pepper is available in two different sizes: 250g re-sealable pouches for middle class consumers and 20g single use sachets for price conscious teeming masses.
Henry Warleys Limited
HenryWarleys Nigeria Ltd is a start-up that was specifically set up to produce strength-rated sandcrete blocks for discerning real estate developers and building construction companies.
Versecom Limited is a start-up that makes internet more accessible to the growing number of mobile phone owners through its product called “Go-Spot”. Go-Spot has since grown into a Super Wi-Fi product offering now termed City Connect.
iFitness Center Limited
iFitness provides state-of-the-art health and fitness facilities at affordable prices to encourage Nigerians live a healthy lifestyle. The company currently has four organically grown branches around the Lekki axis of Lagos.
Wapa Textile and Garment Manufacturing Ltd.
Wapa Textile and Garment Manufacturing Ltd is a Cloth-Making and Manufacturing business with local and international clientele. Our investment is the first Third-Party investment in the company and will enable it fortify its position as a market- leader. Company products include industrial wears, traditional attires and ready – to – wear apparel.
Investment One Vencap invests in high growth companies in a variety of sectors. We are currently investing in any of the 10 broad categories listed below:
|Agriculture & Agro processing||Logistics/Storage/Warehousing|
|Building & Construction Related||Nigerian Fashion & Beauty Products|
|Fintech & Tech-enabled||Renewable Energy and Recycling|
|Healthcare||Semi-processed and Fast Foods|
(excludes Fashion & Beauty products)