Venture Quest 10.0 is a special call for entrepreneurs who believe that their businesses are invest-worthy to apply to Investment One Vencap Limited for funding.
Applications that are submitted on this portal between August 20th and September 10th, 2018 will be fast-tracked through our review and due diligence processes. We envisage that within 4-6 weeks of closure of the portal, applicants would know whether or not their business ideas will be advanced to the due diligence stage.
As many companies that successfully scale our due diligence stage will receive cash investments in exchange for equity stake in each company.
Venture Quest FAQ
Who is championing Venture Quest 10.0?
Are there any fees?
What if I don’t have a business plan or pitch deck?
How many businesses will receive funding?
How much can each business get?
What if my business requires more than N100m?
What else do the businesses get?
- Post-investment advice and business support for the lifetime of Vencap’s investment
- Potential access to more funds through our proven funding syndicates
What is in it for Vencap?
- Vencap will own minority stake in each of the businesses for 3 – 5 years and expects to exit these businesses with reasonable profit
- The SME would have contributed to Nigeria’s GDP in terms of taxes (PAYE and Corporate) paid, jobs created and other indirect impact on its local economy
What can I expect during due diligence process?
- Legal due diligence to ascertain the legal status and ownership structure of the company
- Corporate Governance (primarily for existing companies)
- Financial and tax due diligence
- Technology due diligence
- Business due diligence to examine the industry dynamics and the assumptions that the entrepreneur has made to arrive at the business’ projections
- Operational due diligence: measures the effectiveness of the company in achieving its desired objectives
- Any other analysis that may be specific to the SME or its industry
Will there be a public announcement of the companies that successfully scale the due diligence stage?
What happens if I miss the September 10 submission deadline?
The portal will not allow submission of applications after midnight of the cut-off date. However, business plans and pitch decks can be submitted all-year round via the Investment One website or through email@example.com
Does Vencap have any choice sectors?
|Agriculture & Agro processing||Logistics/Storage/Warehousing|
|Building & Construction Related||Nigerian Fashion & Beauty Products|
|Fintech & Tech-enabled||Renewable Energy and Recycling|
|Healthcare||Semi-processed and Fast Foods|
(excludes Fashion & Beauty products)